Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Define what a drug is
- Understand how drugs, and new psychoactive substances, work and why people might take them
- Understand the difference between drug use and misuse
- Understand drug classification and laws
- To understand the change cycle.
- To understand resistance to change.
- To understand the process of building motivation to change and to introduce some basic skills to facilitate change.
- To understand how to help a client to maintain change.
Introduction to PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- To learn how to recognise the symptoms of Post-traumatic stress disorder in adults.
- To understand some of the latest research into what causes some people to get PTSD following trauma.
- To understand best practice and recommendations for treating PTSD.
- To learn some basic skills for engaging with and supporting clients with PTSD and to understand some of the differences between adult trauma symptoms and those from childhood experiences.
New Psychoactive Substances
- To understand what NPS are and their effects
- To increase awareness of prevalence of use and trends
- To gain understanding of potential risks of use
- To increase awareness of current legislation
- To learn good practice advice